[vorbis-dev] vorbis on playstation 2

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 6 00:16:53 PST 2003

> There shouldn't be any double precision floats -- please report these
> as a bug (bugs.xiph.org).  Except maybe in lsp/lpc stuff (but that's
> ancient, and not used in 1.0 files anymore; your application doesn't
> need to support floor0 at all, probably).

Note that there _are_ some doubles in libvorbisfile. They're mostly there to
avoid breaking API compatibility. They're not in speed-critical parts of the
code, though.

On a controlled system (i.e. where you don't care about breaking binary
compatiblity), it's completely safe to change all these to floats.

I think there are also some (only a few) doubles on encode-side which are
required. However, you obviously don't need to worry about that for a
decoder. Those might only be in the LSP/LPC code, though, I'm not sure.

these got fixed, but they have a tendency to creep back in...

Mike