[vorbis-dev] vorbis on playstation 2

David Etherton etherton at rockstarsandiego.com
Wed Feb 5 14:47:00 PST 2003

> Then you should use the Tremor source.

Are you saying that Tremor is going to be faster than a stock vorbis decoder
on a modern machine with both good integer and floating-point performance?
I guess I should have been clearer -- I'm not worried about single-precision
floating-point math, but all double-precision floating-point math is
emulated on the PS2.

Perhaps having ogg_pi, ogg_sin, ogg_tan, ogg_log, etc as a wrapper layer
would be useful.  I'm well aware that PC platforms don't have much of an
additional cost associated with double-precision arithmetic.

Presumably since it's possible to write a fixed-point decoder, a
single-precision decoder should work just fine as well.

-Dave