[vorbis-dev] mem leak when writing ogg vorbis comments

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Aug 25 18:42:17 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 09:29, Aaron Schneider wrote:
> I'm working on a win32 C++/MFC program, and I'm having trouble getting rid
> of a memory leak when writing vorbis comments.  I've cut away everything
> except reading the file and then writing it out, and I still have a 256
> byte mem leak (appended below).  The code was modeled after vorbiscomment.
> It uses all the oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0 static libs.  I tried checking the
> mailing list archives, but all the messages say is to copy vorbiscomment.

There's nothing really obviously wrong here, so...

If the memory leak is inside vcedit.c, try updating to the cvs version - I'm
not sure if that'll help, but it might.

If it's elsewhere, perhaps you could tell us where it's happening? Your memory
leak dump doesn't seem to say anything useful about where the leaked memory
was allocated.

Otherwise, a complete (but minimal) testcase we can actually compile and run
would let us track this down (not win32-specific! It's horrid trying to read
code that's full of that 'hungarian' notation).

Mike