[vorbis-dev] Encoder for Pocket PCs

Rado Buransky buro at resco-net.com
Fri Aug 15 03:12:21 PDT 2003

Hi developers!

I would like to know if it is possible to use Vorbis encoder as a real-time encoder for Pocket PCs, because they don't have floating point based unit. If not, do you plan to make a fixed-point based encoder? I'm very interested in this issue so if I could help, I will. I'm working on fixed-point MP3 encoder for XScale devices in cooperation with Intel. It seems that realtime MP3 encoder isn't big problem. Any comments are wellcome!

Thanks

Rado