[vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis SDK.

tim.hutt at btinternet.com tim.hutt at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 21 20:05:17 PDT 2003

Hi, I've started making an Ogg Vorbis SDK, as per IRC topic instructions :)

Some questions:

Its just targetting MSVC right? Not borland/whatever?

Should it install the headers/libraries in the msvc dir (c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\(Include|Lib)), or should it put them in the same directory as the document (c:\Program Files\Ogg Vorbis SDK\(Include|Lib)), and have the sample projects add thoses dirs to the search path?

Initally I put them in the msvc dir as this seems more convenient for the programmer (less configuring). But adiabatic reckons I shouldn't, because then the user would need higher privilages to install it.

What do you think?

vorbisfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_synthesis_halfrate
vorbisfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_synthesis_halfrate_p

Should I make this SDK from the last stable release rather than CVS?

Thirdly, Where should the DLLs go? %WINDOWS%\system32 ?

And finally, if anyone has msvc 7, can you check what the registry key is that says where it is installed, and where the header/libs go relative to that.

Tim.

Argh! 4am - Must sleep before light.