[vorbis-dev] Vorbis encoder?

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Thu Aug 14 07:31:48 PDT 2003

>Once again, if I have jumped to the wrong conclusion I apologise for
>wasting your time. Can you point me at the material so I can proceed
with
>some design decisions.

Hi!

I am pretty sure, that there is no generic documentation for a vorbis
encoder available and also no high level documentation of the reference
implementation.

The reason is, that there is obviously no "correct" way to implement
an encoder, but the goal for the encoder should be to produce a conforming
bit-stream with as good quality in respect to the bitrate as possible.
How you decide to do this is up to you.

Tor