[vorbis-dev] OggSplit 0.1.0

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Aug 6 10:17:44 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 05:32 PM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> too bad :( I'm just using the system.h that autoproject gave me, so
> those files are not included by me... perhaps system.h is simply
> unaware
> of the existence of OS X. I'd like to avoid including more parts of
> glibc into the sources as I've already got the getopt things there.

Ah. Do you really need the portability layer? For a tool the size of
oggsplit, it's often easier to just code to the lowest common
denominator and only add necessary bits (like getopt) when it's really
worth it.

Probably you're right that autoproject just isn't doing sufficient
things with xmalloc here. It seems to have come a long way from the
last time I tried it, but autogenerating a portable runtime is far from
trivial.

  -r