[vorbis-dev] J-Ogg is available

P Oscar Boykin boykin at pobox.com
Thu Apr 10 12:00:02 PDT 2003

I am just letting my mind run here, but there seems to be an interesting
idea here:

Since the java class is so small to play the file, wouldn't it be cool
to work out a standard to embed the java class into the ogg stream?  It
is like a special type of header.  In this way, new codecs could
(optionally) include a java jar to decode the codec embedded in the
stream.

At 30 kB, who would care?

This would be a cute way to make new media types availible.

Oscar.