[vorbis-dev] Floor type 0 and residues type 0 and 1

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Wed Sep 25 02:39:17 PDT 2002

Onsdag, 25 september 2002, skrev du:

>Of course, it is impossible to validate a decoder against a reference
>bitstream;
>but it might be a good quick first test, yes.  And for this, it isn't
>necessary to download reference streams from us;  you can easily
create some
>yourself.

It would be a great help when implementing a new decoder, if there
were reference bitstreams available, making use of all parts of the
specification. With that I do not only mean all floor and residue
types, but also explicit use of all whens and ifs in the specification
algorithms. With available tools, it seems wether easy nor possible
to create such streams.

Tor