[vorbis-dev] Test files for decoder implementation

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Wed Sep 18 07:14:26 PDT 2002

Onsdag, 18 september 2002, skrev du:

>In case you try to re-invent a wheel but do not want to: there is a
>ogg-decoder in the jRoar-packet and a java-library 'jorbis' which
can decode
>ogg-vorbis files.
>
>In case you want to re-invent a wheel, good luck :).

I've already checked out jorbis, but it doesn't seem to be much more
than a raw C->Java translation of libvorbis, and does not offer any
Java-style API to access a Vorbis file or network stream. My intention
with the decoder is to offer a JMF (Java Media Framework) plugin
for Ogg/Vorbis support, and I also don't see how this can be easily
done using jorbis.

A quick look at the file format specification made me believe that
Vorbis was well documented, but as I started implementing the code,
I realized, that there are obvious errors in the documentation,
and several points where the documentation does not match the actual
implementation of libvorbis :-/

Tor