[vorbis-dev] patch for FLAC

Josh Coalson j_coalson at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 13:37:50 PDT 2002

--- Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be> wrote:
> Sesse asked me to do a patch to the auto* set-up to allow for FLAC to
> be added.
>
> The patch touches configure.in and oggenc/Makefile.am
>
> It is disabled by default, use --enable-flac as an arg to configure
> to enable it.
>
> You might want to maybe add more checks, since FLAC's API tends to
> change more than is good for anyone ;)

Boy, wait till you see flac 1.0.4 :)  Actually, it's not that
bad but in 1.0.4 there are two new libraries libOggFLAC and
libOggFLAC++ that wrap around libFLAC to provide encoders/
decoders for FLAC in an Ogg transport (previously this was
a hack in the command-line flac).  The libs are also fully
documented with Doxygen.

And in 1.0.4 there are libFLAC.m4 etc. that look a lot like
ogg.m4 (funny that), so you should be able to do AM_PATH_LIBFLAC.

The flac 1.0.4 beta can be obtained here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/flac/flac-1.0.4_beta-src.tar.gz?download

The official release should be in 1-2 weeks.

Josh

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute