[vorbis-dev] Carrying non-audio data in an Ogg/Vorbis I stream

Ralph Giles zen6669 at zen.co.uk
Mon Oct 28 16:18:05 PST 2002

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 10:30 PM, Ralph Giles wrote:

> What I haven't tested is multiplexed streams. I don't think the
> reference library ever got fixed, especially since the spec reads the
> way it does. The seek logic relies fairly heavily on the bitstream
> being degenerate.

FWIW, this isn't as awful as it could be. ogg123 muddles through on the
test oggmidi file in ogg-tools/omplay just just some 'stream error'
messages. However, I created a fresh ogg midi file with oggmerge, and
it only plays a fraction of a second.

So no, vorbisfile doesn't do the right thing. I imagine we can port
code from theora to resolve this for a vorbis 1.1.

  -r