[vorbis-dev] Re: [UCI-Devel] Re: Re: UCI Project Announcement

ChristianHJW christianhjw at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 18 06:51:33 PDT 2002

"Smoerk" <smoerk at gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3DB00C7F.60908 at gmx.de...
> alex at foogod.com wrote:
> I think it's not that important, that UCI works with Ogg, but that
> Vorbis (and Theora) could be a UCI codec. I'm not sure if Ogg should be
> an transport layer for lots of different codecs (patented ones?), but
> you could always use Vorbis audio as UCI codec, if you specification
> allows this.

moerk,

both ways would be nice, but i dont know if Xiph's intentions would allow
this at all, like having a MPEG4 video stream in an .ogg container. Monty or
Emmett will certainly tell us.
Dont worry about patents and such, nobody can ask for fees if his stuff is
simply put into a container, like a compression program ( zip, rar,
whatever ) if any patented stuff was compressed and put into the compression
container. As long as the content wasnt altered you wont have a problem
here. Sure, Vorbis having a UCI interface was main priority IMHO. Lets see
what Xiph people decide here.

Christian