[vorbis-dev] Demultiplexer API with a static number of streams

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Fri Oct 18 02:04:51 PDT 2002

Hi,

just to prevent me from overreading something, I have a question
and probably the only possible solution, but I would appreciate if
someone could tell me if there is a better solution.

I am currently implementing an Ogg demultiplexer for a media API,
where the demultiplexer plugin has to provide a static number of
logical streams. Adding and removing logical streams as they appear
when parsing through the physical stream is not possible. Also, the
correct content type for each stream has to be known before the actual
demultiplexing starts.

Does this mean, that I have to parse through the entire Ogg file,
detecting all contained logical streams and their content type (by
trial and error) before the actual decoding can start?

Tor