[vorbis-dev] Specifications

Keith Wright kwright at gis.net
Thu Oct 17 23:36:37 PDT 2002

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jaime_Andr=E9s_Aranguren_Cardona?= <jaac at epm.net.co>
>
> Excuse me Sir. If I sent HTML e-mail was due to a configuration on my mail
> client, I didn't want to be annoying. I already changed that to text without
> format. Also excuse mi ignorance, what is an "MDN"?

Message Disposition Notification, see RFC 2298.

He is complaining about the header in your message that
begins Disposition-Notification-To:
Though why it has him so upset I am not sure.  You run the
risk of every Mail User Agent of everyone on this list
sending you a message to say that they received your nice
message, but that seems to be your problem.

It's not wasting much bandwidth, I just ignore it,
which is easily done by programming emacs to not
display useless headers.

Agreed.  What a useless waste of bandwidth.
And ugly too, as it is usualy auto-generated by
some of the worlds stupidest programs.

> > Disposition-Notification-To:
> >
> > And NEVER EVER send mail asking for an MDN to a public
> > mailinglist.  Monty, can you add a check for this to the spam
> > filter? *PLEASE*?

I am not sure why they ever defined this header, if you want
to know whether I read your message, read my insightful reply.
But, like I said, why don't you ignore it yourself?

       -- Keith