[vorbis-dev] high frequencies response

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Mon Oct 14 06:58:24 PDT 2002

Fredag, 11 oktober 2002, skrev du:

>To verify the spec, what we really need is an experienced programmer
>without deep internal knowledge of vorbis (at least, one who can't
>quote large swatchs of the libvorbis code from memory).  This will not
>only give a great practical critique of the code, but also proveide
>the fully 'genetically-independent' implementation many standards
>bodies require.  The current Vorbis code was written for ease of
>maintainence.  A from-scratch implementation could focus on some other
>goal as well, such as lower resource use.

And this is exactly what I've been trying to do. I downloaded the
specification, tried to use that as a basis for implementing a new
decoder from scratch and found several points where the specification
is incorrect (as compared to libvorbis), and also a few points where
parts of the specification seems to be unneccesary or are rather
confusing.

Some of my suggestions have been implemented by you in the specification,
but some of my questions are still left unanswered. I understand,
that you have other things to do, but if noone has time to do work
on the specification anyway, then I hope that you understand, that
I have no interest in wasting my time writing emails, which are not
read by anyone.

Tor