[vorbis-dev] Encoding/decoding Ogg Vorbis .NET library?

Christian.Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Mon Oct 14 00:01:14 PDT 2002

> Hey list,
>
> I think the subject pretty much sums it up. Is anyone working on a
> (pure) .NET library that decodes and possibly encodes Ogg Vorbis?

Doing signal processing in .NET is not my idea of optimal performance.
The .NET Runtime checks whether you violate array bounds, for example.

So in order to max out performance, you'd have to force those checks
off (I don't know how to) or you'll have to use unsafe code (which is
about as crash prone as C, because you are allowed to use pointers
in unsafe code blocks).

But hey, they also ported the zlib compression library to C# (.NET).
So why not vorbis as well ;)

Christian