[vorbis-dev] ACM codec

Dambrin Didier gol at image-line.com
Mon Nov 11 03:13:41 PST 2002

hi

Has anyone successfully contacted the author of this ogg ACM codec?
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA012897/

I think he once posted here, but he doesn't seem to answer my emails.

Basically I want to have the FruityLoops app install his codec, so that we can compress the samples we provide with it. Benefits for us (of reading wav over ogg): sample loop points are preserved (in the wave file), & amazingly usually still work fine. Additionally it's no extra work :)
So I wanted to know if it's fine with him, as his auto-translated message is a bit unclear.

I always wanted to compress short samples in the past but MP3 was really poor for that, because of unwanted noise/silence before & after the sample itself.
Vorbis compresses short & looped samples very well. I read in the archive someone wondering about the use in games, I must say it's perfect for games, unlike MP3.