[vorbis-dev] Rehuff - Where can I find a win32 binary?

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Fri Nov 8 20:20:53 PST 2002

Carl-Eric Menzel wrote:

> > You cannot find binaries anywhere. The terms of distribution on it
> > explicitly prohibit any such redistribution.
>
> Is there any specific reason for that?

Yes.  (I'm the author of rehuff, btw).  I think it's not quite ready for
public consumption, and I don't want any sub-standard code of mine out
in the open.

> I would think that a tool like
> that, either stand-alone or as a second-pass _option_ for oggenc would
> be quite useful for many people.

It helps only a few percent on normal streams.

> I know I'd like to try it. Are there
> plans for distributing this one some time or implementing one that can
> be distributed?

I'll open source it when it has grown up and can go live its own life.
For now, it's my kid, and I take good care of it.

The best way to speed up its release is fixing the bug in libogg that
prevents it from writing valid streams, btw...