[vorbis-dev] UTF-8 & Hebrew

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Mar 6 13:59:23 PST 2002

Beni Cherniavksy wrote:

>Tip: even if the default codepage is Russian, he should be able to see
>Hebrew tags in the comment editor of winamp (Alt-3).  This is a way to
>check whether the tags are to blame.

No he can't, this is what I meant.  He just sees ??????? in Peters
Winamp comment editor.  Same as my app (WinVorbis).  He says he has
Russian as his default codepage and Hebrew supported in unicode.  Do you
think vorbiscomment is to blame?  He was able to send me sample Hebrew
characters via an HTML message which decoded correctly here in Netscape
6 using UTF-8 coding.

Ross.