[vorbis-dev] 22khz strangeness?

HJ inzanekaoz at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 11:59:55 PDT 2002

--- Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> wrote:

> If using -q or -b alone, nominal and average can diverge by quite
> bit.  If using -b --managed, they should agree very closely.

That was the info I was lookin' for. Winamp's beta22 output plugin
seems to properly concur with the data below. I was just under the
impression that nominal/average were supposed to be closer together,
even though I was only using -qX.X

Thanks,
-HJ

Processing file "snow bags.ogg"...

New logical stream (#1, serial: 00001ad4): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020713
Channels: 2
Rate: 22050