[vorbis-dev] How to compile Ogg Vorbis?

Ciaran Anscomb ciaran-vl at 6809.org.uk
Thu Jul 4 00:40:08 PDT 2002

Monty wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 08:13:32AM +0100, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> >
> > You mean modern mail readers haven't all been upgraded to use
>
> ...but not deprecated.  If it's legacy, why is your mail client
> generating/propogating it?

Heh, "just in case".  I suppose "we should be the change we wish
to see", but it would probably still manage to confuse things.  I
imagine there are still plenty of broken mail clients out there :/

I didn't realise In-Reply-To wasn't actually deprecated.

> > My MUA (nmh) doesn't thread, but at least it is configured so
> > that other people can thread my messages properly (and I notice
> > yours does too).
>
> The message that triggered this contained 'In-Reply-To:" or
> "References:" a message it was not replying to or referencing.  Is
> this 'proper'?  Mutt (which is my specific reader) sees and obeys both

Oh no that of course isn't 'proper' - I wasn't being critical of your
criticism, I just saw an opportunity for a mini-rant, and at this time
in the morning, my brain wasn't able to stop me ;)

Mutt's behaviour is perfectly fine.

..ciaran

--
Ciaran Anscomb, Perl/C Hacker