[vorbis-dev] How to compile Ogg Vorbis?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jul 4 00:23:18 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 08:13:32AM +0100, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> Monty wrote:
> >
> > Hi.  Please recall item #2 on the mailing list FAQ:
> >
> > 2) [...]
> >    BTW, just editing the subject line is not enough to keep your
> >    message out of a thread if you hit 'Reply'.  A seperate header is
> >    embedded in the message called 'In-Reply-To'.
>
> Yurgh!
>
> You mean modern mail readers haven't all been upgraded to use

...but not deprecated.  If it's legacy, why is your mail client
generating/propogating it?

(But you're right, the FAQ entry should be edited.)

> My MUA (nmh) doesn't thread, but at least it is configured so
> that other people can thread my messages properly (and I notice
> yours does too).

The message that triggered this contained 'In-Reply-To:" or
"References:" a message it was not replying to or referencing.  Is
this 'proper'?  Mutt (which is my specific reader) sees and obeys both

Monty