[vorbis-dev] lowpass and stereo channel coupling selecting

Dark Avenger DarkAv at gmx.net
Mon Jul 1 03:15:37 PDT 2002

| On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 11:22:13AM +0200, Dark Avenger wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I once patched vorbis for being able to select lowpass and stereo channel coupling mode. But the newest CVS commit contains a lot of changes. Well, I spotted the lowpass, but I don't know where to modify the ch coupling. Could you help me out? It would be great if it would be made avaiable through "vorbis_encode_ctl", or is it already?
|

| It's about to be added to the ctl interface.  Stereo is not, however;
| the encoder is assuming a great deal of latitude in being able to
| change stereo mode on the fly.
|
| Monty

Oh, OK, thanks. But I hope that you keep an eye on material which is Dolby Surround encoded. With the "old" vorbis only in "light lossy" and "lossless" coupling modes (ie. setting the stereo_point_db to 0 and 1 IIRC) the DS infos (phase correlations) seemed to be reproduced faithfully.

Do you have a DPL(2) amp to test?

bye,

D A