[vorbis-dev] Vorbis 1.0 spec notes, part 2

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Jul 20 19:45:54 PDT 2002

Alright, a few more notes for today. Monty, if you could help get my
CVS access restored / fixed, I can actually make all the little
changes I find instead of putting the burdeon on you for everything,
but I'll definately still have questions. However, I'd probably be
able to incorporate answers to those sorts of questions into the spec
documents also.

As per my question in the notes below, I'll probably be able to figure
it out myself once I get to the part of the decode that uses it, but
I think it really does need to be clearer in the spec.

codebook cont'd:
* vector value decode: lookup type 1:
- steps 1 and 2: zero->0, one->1
* I'm confused about the vector value decodes --
 what parameters do they take, what do they return,
 and what is "this iteration's scalar value"?

vorbis-spec-ref.html:
* identification header, paragraph under steps:
- [audio_rate] -> [audio_sample_rate]
- inconsistent naming, upper vs. maximum, lower vs. (minimum?)
* time domain transforms
 -  "if any other values" -> "if any value"
* floors
 - variable 'i' is never defined (it's the loop iterator)
 - replace semicolon with colon after "read the floor type"

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>
- "Know thyself."