[vorbis-dev] vcut tweakage

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Jul 19 07:54:25 PDT 2002

>Case-in-point, is it planned, or could it be planned that someone
>whom is familiar with that code would take an hour or two and make
>vcut not break streams (even if it doesn't get any more user
>friendly) before 1.0?

Nope. Removing vcut from the binary releases was on the cards for 1.0,
but we decided not to. It's a proof-of-concept program really, people
shouldn't actually expect to do useful things with it. vcut makes some
assumptions on its input files which saved streams probably violate.
A more useful vcut-like application is planned for the future.

Michael