[vorbis-dev] vcut tweakage

HJ inzanekaoz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 07:28:48 PDT 2002

I started playing with vcut after having saved WOPN as-recieved last
night; I wanted to archive each section for organizational purposes,
and didn't want to murder the quality by decoding, then re-encoding
at 1:1.

Might be interestin' to note that it quite b0rks the stream in
'outfile2'. My player will still play it, but a ~23kbit 22khz stream
(with dubious seeking to begin with) loses its mind and claims via
ogginfo that cut-up outfile2 is 16kbit nominal, 925kbit average, and
warns me about no EOS and that 'granulepos in stream 1 decreases
from 9286588 to 4027'.

The EOS seems like a simple fix, but I'm clueless on the granulepos
error/warning.

whom is familiar with that code would take an hour or two and make
vcut not break streams (even if it doesn't get any more user
friendly) before 1.0?

Re,
-HJ