[vorbis-dev] Special metaformat for ogg-files with multiple tracks

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Jan 19 08:30:46 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 02:33:16AM -0700, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > This is just an idea and the subject basically says it all: What if there
> > would be some special ogg meta- (or archive-) format that allowed a single
> > file to contain multiple, independently playable tracks.
> >
> > In it's simplest form this file would probably just be a concatenated
> > version of individual ogg files with some header saying where a certain
> > track ends and the next one starts.
>
> Where have you been?  All the tools have supported this since beta1!
>
> :)
>
> jack.

Though it would be useful to be able to tell ogg123 to start at stream
number x, or play streams x through y, or time w of stream x to time y
of stream z, etc.

If there's a consensus that it's worth it (and not just more code
bloat), I'll do it. Wow I actually might have the time to also (for
once)!

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>
- "Know thyself."