[vorbis-dev] Re: Special metaformat for ogg-files with multiple tracks

Lars Weber me at lars.in-berlin.de
Sun Jan 20 06:32:16 PST 2002

[ Sorry for the broken follow-up, but I forgot to mention that I'm not
subscribed to the list and so had to read your messages through the online
mail-archive.  It would be nice if you could Cc me on further replies. ]

> > Where have you been? All the tools have supported this since beta1!
> >
> > :)

Ah crap!  And I wanted to impress you all with this extremely innovative
idea... :)

But seriously, you're refering here to the streaming capabilities
described in (it seems to me) doc/oggstream.html, right?  If so, how well
do these map to "local uses" like a single cd encoded as an ogg-file with
multiple tracks?  E.g.: How hard would it be to make a graphical player
display the individual tracks as if they were separate files?  Would this
require scanning the entire file for the beginning of the individual
tracks first?

And do there already exist tools to easily create and/or "un-create" such
multi-track files?

> Though it would be useful to be able to tell ogg123 to start at stream
> number x, or play streams x through y, or time w of stream x to time y
> of stream z, etc.
>
> If there's a consensus that it's worth it (and not just more code
> bloat), I'll do it. Wow I actually might have the time to also (for
> once)!

I at least think that such a feature would be useful.

Regards,
Lars

--
[ Lars Weber ]------< me @ lars.in-berlin.de >----[ GPG-ID: 1383B42E ]
+++ fingerprint: 44B1 1D23 DD53 E6B2 4AAB 4C36 0323 9141 1383 B42E +++