[vorbis-dev] Ogg Media Player

lists-chrish at assistedsolutions.com lists-chrish at assistedsolutions.com
Sat Jan 12 04:34:34 PST 2002

>>Freeamp is one of the only open source ones that I know of.  It should play Oggs fine.<<
So basically, I need to write my own. I'm busy right now, but I may get around to it this summer.

>>I really don't see how anyone could stand WMP's 'extra features' so I find it surprising that it's the very thing you're looking for!<<
I find WMP's features to be very powerful, much more powerful than something that only supports playlists. With WMP, you can import files from a whole directory tree, and WMP will arrange them by their tag info. Then, you can look at the tree, and play by title, artist, genre, or just look at everything. In addition, you can create playlists like you can in WinAMP, etc. This is the ONLY feature that makes me want to use WMP over some other audio player. If there was another player that had a full featured media library, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

Chris