[vorbis-dev] Re: Major quality decrease in RC3 compared to RC2

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Sun Jan 6 14:30:00 PST 2002

The thing that concerns me about the -q value is now the filesize is
unpredictable?  Or am I wrong.  If I made a 128kbps mp3 would I have to
re-encode the ogg like 3 times with different -q settings before I
guessed the right value to make it the same filesize? (ie for
size/quality comparisons, or trying to squeeze the data into a certain
fixed size of limited hardware memory).

Brett Paterson
Firelight Multimedia
FMOD SoundSystem