[vorbis-dev] porting Ogg Vorbis to Symbian OS

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Wed Feb 27 07:31:30 PST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Simon Wood wrote:

> Personally I would like to see libcurl as an option, as I can envisage
> devices which have no need (or hardware) to support streamed Ogg.

Sure, although, as suggested by others, ogg123 is the wrong program to port to
a portable device.  People in that situation would be better served to use
decoder_example or vorbisfile_example from the vorbis libs source tarball.
Those programs show the essentials of vorbis decoding and have less
unnecessary cruft to wade through.

ogg123 is a handy program (at least, I think so <g>), but it should not be
treated as the One True Player(TM).

---
Stan Seibert