[vorbis-dev] Followup on Comparison between...

Manuel Amador amadorm at zeus.usm.edu.ec
Wed Feb 13 11:17:39 PST 2002

To answer questions which I got on my e-mail inbox:

1. I don\'t have the tests on the web page, mainly because they take too much
space, both the graphs and the wave files.  But anyone with an Aquarium CD
(Aqua) can replicate the tests by ripping the first 30 seconds of Doctor
Jones.  I\'m trying to organize my information to compile a kit in order to run
the tests efficiently.  It\'s only a matter of time.

2. I used LAME 3.70 because that\'s what I had at hand (no internet
connection).  I\'m getting the latest LAME now.

3. To follow up, VBR LAME 3.70 -V 2 sucks too.  I did this test apart because a
friend was contradicting me on Ogg Vorbis performance.  I showed the bastard
and earned 10 bucks (bet).  Note that I still have to test the latest LAME and
do graphs.  I also should test different original samples.

I still want less bitrate and indistinguishable quality on -q 5! =)

luck,

   Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
   http://www.usm.edu.ec/~amadorm/

PS: try to CC the list on the replies ;-)