[vorbis-dev] ogg123 ^C changes

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Thu Feb 7 01:49:21 PST 2002

volsung at asu.edu writes:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Kenneth Arnold wrote:
>
> > Is the general consensus in favor of Ctrl-C skipping links instead
> > of files?
>
> No.  I'd really like to veto this one.  File should be the basic audio unit
> (some have used the term "track" in this discussion).  Chaining is handy if
> you want to string several audio segments together, but you should treat the
> finished product (conceptually) as one big segment.  If that's not what you
> want, you shouldn't have chained the file.

I agree that breaking Ctrl-C like this is a bad idea. If skipping links is
so important, it could always be bound to a different signal. SIGUSR1 or
SIGUSR2 seem like the obvious choices.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9