[vorbis-dev] porting Ogg Vorbis to Symbian OS

Alfred E.Heggestad linuxedmund at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 16:44:19 PST 2002

Hi

I have tried with a more recent version of gcc

[alfredh at dingo _source]$ arm-epoc-pe-gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/er6/lib/gcc-lib/arm-epoc-pe/2.9-psion-98r2/specs
gcc version 2.9-psion-98r2 (Symbian build 539)

but the same results.

I think a problem might be the sample rate of the encoded
PCM which is 44100Hz on the .ogg file but my hardware
(Psion netBook) only supports 8000Hz alaw. Alaw is ok
because I have some PCM <--> alaw converters but
the PCM I get back from ov_read() must be 8000Hz -
is there any way of specifying which sample rate I want
back ? Otherwise I guess I have to do 44.1kHz -> 8kHz
conversion after decoding...

The hardware I have is StrongArm (SA-1100) running
at 191MHz. I will probably run into some performance
issues later but first I just want to hear something that
sounds like music...:) my testing ogg is Pigs from Pink
Floyd's "Animals"

/alfred