[vorbis-dev] Autoconf

Pattara Kiatisevi pkiatisevi at student.ei.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Feb 20 03:56:13 PST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> > I think this is not really nice, I saw you use GNU auto* stuff and I
> > wonder if there is any easier and more intelligent way to do this. E.g.
> > ./configure --something to set this (in the example) CC, AR, RANLIB
> > variables and also special INCLUDEPATH or LIBPATH also in case that I
> > compile the application (e.g. ogg123) not only the library.
>
> What's wrong with CC=blah ./configure?
>
> That's always worked for me.  Values from th environment should override
> the defaults.

Thanks for the answer! I have tried it:

$ CC=sparc-rtems-gcc ./configure
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for int16_t... no
checking for int32_t... no
checking for uint32_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
checking for int64_t... no
checking size of short... configure: error: can not run test program while
cross compiling

Do you have any idea how to help configure in case of error such as above?
Ott