[vorbis-dev] Delphi Header by Matthijs Laan vs RC3 = bitrates not working!

John Zitterkopf zitt at bigfoot.com
Sun Feb 10 23:46:21 PST 2002

I'm confused.

I have just about complete in adding support for Vorbis to my application
CDMaster32. It uses Matthijs Laan's Delphi header library which is available
at:
http://delphi-jedi.org

Apparently the headers / code is built upon the RC2 implementation of
Vorbis.

With Matthijis' compiled libraries, I've been getting divide by zero errors
in one of the DLLs (don't remember which one). But when it worked... it
worked as expected... in that when I set a bitrate of say 160kbps; it would
encode at near that bitrate (ie 177 - 150).

Hoping to fix the / by zero problems; I downloaded the RC3 SDK from
www.vorbis.com , backed up the original DLLs, and replaced them with the
one's in the RC3 SDK.

I re-ran CDMaster32... and encoded the same files which where giving me /
zero errors. The encoded with no issues. <cool>

Then I looked at the files and they were ~10MBs... which is quite a bit
bigger than I expected.

Upon checking the files with Winamp; all of them were encoded at over
300kbps. The Winamp plugin reports that the nominal bitrate is 160kps... but
the average is over 300kbps.

So... Would the API change discussed below be affecting me?
I had assumed that the API was nearly finished and that backwards
compatiblity wouldn't be broken.
Did I assume incorrectly?

Anyone have any ideas?

John