[vorbis-dev] ogg123 ^C changes

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Wed Feb 6 20:37:46 PST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> While I think I agree with this personally, why should using chained oggs as an
> album management system be discouraged?
  <example snipped>
> Now, when TMBG puts out a new album, I rip and encode all the tracks, package
> them up into a chained ogg, and chain that ogg onto my TMBG ogg chain (of
> chained oggs).  This is why I previously asked about transporting Ogg over Ogg.
>
> Again, I'm not sure this is a good idea.  Just curious as to why this kind of
> thing should be discouraged.

Perhaps now we're getting into asthetics, but that form of album management
seems rather silly.  Directories and playlists[*] are much better tools for
that sort of thing.  I'd rather not mess with the ogg123 interface to support
a way of doing things that doesn't make much sense.

the moment.  It is left as an exercise to the reader to implement them using
the latest CVS code and submit it to the list.  :)

---
Stan Seibert