[vorbis-dev] application/ogg status update

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sun Aug 25 23:44:59 PDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au wrote:

> are you planning to write an RFC on the Ogg file format or on the ogg
> vorbis encoding format? Also, are you thinking about getting
> audio/ogg-vorbis and video/ogg-vp3 registered as mime formats?

I have written an RFC for the application/ogg MIME type, so to support
this I might have to write an RFC for the Ogg stream/file format. I yet
don't know if I have to do that though, as my aim was primarily to get the
mimetype registered.

There is a definition for audio/vorbis that will be common for both RTP
streamed "raw" vorbis and Ogg-packaged vorbis. However it is not yet
finished, some guy in Finland is working with it.

Noone has thought about video/theora (as I think it should be named) and
with the extreme complexity that has surrounded the RTP version of Vorbis
I really don't know which way to go with that. Any suggestions?

Linus Walleij