[vorbis-dev] Re: DRM

ChristianHJW christianhjw at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 12 09:00:32 PDT 2002

<"Lourens Veen" <lourens at rainbowdesert.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:200208121651.11715.lourens at rainbowdesert.net...
<On Monday 12 August 2002 16:33, Moritz Grimm wrote:
<Heh, well I'm only suggesting this because I figure that with
<Mplayer for example supporting the WMF format, and it probably
<ignoring DRM information (and if not we'll patch it :-)), anyone
<can still do whatever they want in terms of fair use. Ofcourse I'm
<not sure, I haven't tried either creating such a WMF file nor
<playing it with Mplayer. I'm just using plain ogg for my CDs :-).

simply not feasible to make something sensible and 'safe' with the given
menpower we have, plus for an opensource project you risk that within a
second a number of 'hacks' of parsers/dshow filters derived from your
sources is floating through the net, some of them having
bugs/incompatibilities or whatever.

Maybe for MCF-2 .. ;-)

But please .. dont you ever again consider putting Vorbis into WM .. lol

Christian

MCF mailing lists : news://news.gmane.org
Sites : http://mcf.sourceforge.net
gmane.comp.video.mcf.general
http://sf.net/projects/mcf
gmane.comp.video.mcf.devel