[vorbis-dev] DRM

Lourens Veen lourens at rainbowdesert.net
Mon Aug 12 07:51:10 PDT 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 16:33, Moritz Grimm wrote:
> Lourens Veen wrote:
> > Well, ISTR someone having made Windows DirectShow filters. I
> > don't know anything about WIndows really, but perhaps you could
> > embed Vorbis audio in a WMF file that way, and use its DRM
> > facilities?
> >
> > Just a wild idea.
>
> Thank you, now I have goosebumps all over my body. ;P

Heh, well I'm only suggesting this because I figure that with
Mplayer for example supporting the WMF format, and it probably
ignoring DRM information (and if not we'll patch it :-)), anyone
can still do whatever they want in terms of fair use. Ofcourse I'm
not sure, I haven't tried either creating such a WMF file nor
playing it with Mplayer. I'm just using plain ogg for my CDs :-).

Cheers,

Lourens

--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key