[vorbis-dev] Porting Vorbis lib on Ti DSP ? How to ?

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Tue Apr 9 17:46:26 PDT 2002

Dan Conti wrote:

> For accuracy, this was code that we had full exclusive rights to, not a
> GPL-style licensed patch.

I don't recollect ever licensing the parts I did under different than
GPL license.

> We have released it under a bsd license; i
> didn't have time to adjust all the headers in the files to reflect this
> unfortunately (licenses in headers dont mean anything anyways).

If you don't change the license per file, don't make the code available
per source file.  So don't even think of using CVS or similar.

> The whole basis for freely releasing this code is that nobody is willing
> to pay for it.

That's your call.  Others think different about it.
Successfully, I may add.

> In truth it's been interesting just to see what projects
> people have gotten going off this codebase (none of which are commercial
> to my knowledge).

This might be a sign of something.