[vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools reorganziation and UTF-8 stuff, addtional re-org proposed

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Sep 29 13:44:41 PDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 05:25:07PM -0700, Chris Wolf wrote:
> project there.  In addtion I can create projects for ogginfo and ogg123.  Then

I would be very suprised if ogg123 even built on Win32, or that anyone
would need it. I seriously doubt that a Windows user would want a
command-line player. A command-line decoder might be useful though. It
would be quite easy to write (actually just decoder_example with WAV
header writing), if you see a use for it, go ahead.

If anyone actually wants a command-line player for Win32, I have
somewhere in my mail archives a modified ogg123 that will run on
Windows, playing sound but not (IIRC) writing WAV files. It would also
be possible to make ogg123 in its present form (or better, my branch,
because it is more modular) build on Windows and link to a special
libao (or, if Stan has gotten the shared library loading working on
Win32, the stock libao with the Win32 output driver). Unfortunately I
only have old Win32 build tools (VC++4), so I am unable to do any of
that.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>