[vorbis-dev] [Newbie] getting up to speed

Brian Hook public at pyrogon.com
Thu Sep 27 16:57:21 PDT 2001

--- Chris Wolf said ---

> The release versions of those static libaraies are configured
> for static linking of the runtime and appear to work.

Hmmm, I must be misunderstanding something or doing something wrong.  I
have all my MSVC projects for the release build set to use
"Multithreaded" (i.e. non-DLL).  I'm linking with the XXX_static.lib
files in the Ogg Vorbis W32SDK, however I'm getting link errors that
seem to indicate that it's trying to link with MSVCRT.LIB (the
"Multithreaded DLL" lib):

MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(free.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _calloc already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(calloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: __errno already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(malloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(realloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(fclose.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _fread already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(fread.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _floor already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(floor.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _memmove already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(memmove.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _toupper already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(toupper.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _ldexp already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(ldexp.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _fprintf already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(fprintf.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _fopen already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(fopen.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _sprintf already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(sprintf.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: __strdup already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(strdup.obj)

If I change all my projects to use "Multithreaded DLL" it works fine.
Any advice?  Should I try to grab the tarball and do it myself or is
there a small chance that the W32SDK will add the necessary libs?

Brian