[vorbis-dev] Problems using vorbisfile.dll

Joel Klinghed the_jk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 14:08:35 PDT 2001

Hello.

Not certain this post belongs here, got a little confused about
vorbis-dev / vorbis. If it doesn’t, please tell me so :)

Well, on to the problem.

I’m adding ogg support into an audio-player.
For some reason I want it using vorbisfile threw the dll’s.
It works just fine with the debug dll. No problems what so ever.
But with the Retail dlls, when I call ov_open my memory gets messed up.
In file:
ov_open(……..);
log_message(“do I live ?”);
The constant “do I live ?” string even gets messed up. Something like
“D#£%&” will be written in the logs. Then the program crashes naturally.

I’ve searched threw the archives and found similar problems, but none of
the solutions solve my problem.

When I “link” against the lib files it all works fine, both Debug and
Retail.

I’ve tried both the newest sdk and a nightly build some days ago, exact
same problem.

Some info about the app that may be of importance:
It uses threads.
In Debug it uses Debug Multithread Dlls and in Retail, Multithread Dlls.

Hope that made any sense.

/Joel Klinghed