[vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools segfault on aix 4.3

Stefan Bender bendus at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 04:27:23 PST 2001

Hello,

I try to compile and run vorbis-tools on AIX 4.3.
I already compiled libao, libogg and libvorbis and installed it
into ${HOME}/vorbis/usr (all being rc2).
All libraries compiled and installed without complaining, the same
goes for vorbis-tools. The system is powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 with
gcc-2.95.2 (no other gnu utils used for building, I suspect this
being the cause for the segfaults I get).

Running ${HOME}/vorbis/usr/bin/oggenc test.wav gives me:

Segmentation fault in codec_setup_partialcopy at 0xd10a72c8
0xd10a72c8 (codec_setup_partialcopy+0x100) 7d5b002e       lwzx r10,r27,r0

(output from dbx - the only debugger I found so far here)

and
${HOME}/vorbis/usr/bin/ogg123 test1.ogg says:

Segmentation fault in glink.realloc at 0xd119e364 ($t1)
0xd119e364 (realloc+0x58) 800c0000        lwz   r0,0x0(r12)

The first one appears to be in the `time backend settings' of
codec_setup_partialcopy.
I fear, I will not have much time this week to investigate this
further. I hope, that the info gives you some hints what goes wrong.

Please cc me on replies, but I will try to read the archives
anyways.

Bye, Stefan.