[vorbis-dev] Ogg as container format

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Oct 2 16:03:00 PDT 2001

>> Well, vorbis packets are size limited, so technically this is true.
>
>No, not true.  Vorbis packets are not size bounded whatsoever.
>*Pages* are size limited to a tad under 64k, but that's just async
>framing.  Packets can span pages forever.

Oops. My fault. Implementation limitation doesn't let you go beyond 2^32
bytes, I thought it was in the spec, but a quick look shows that it isn't.
Of course, the current libogg would be pretty awful if you actually did
go even close to 2^32 bytes, but we aren't going to keep libogg1 around
forever ;)

Michael