[vorbis-dev] Ogg as container format

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Tue Oct 2 13:52:27 PDT 2001

rillian wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 09:03 , Monty wrote:
>
> > Vorbis over RTP does not use Ogg.  It uses RTP.  Have a look at the
> > Vorbis-over-RTP spec we've submitted to the IETF (um... missing the
> > URL right now, I'm answering mail offline).
>
> http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/draft-moffitt-vorbis-rtp-00.txt
>
> Thanks for the correction about vorbis packets being different from rtp
> packets.

I would say that vorbis packets will be wrapped in an RTP packet for
multicast and other RTP streaming, just as they are wrapped in an OGG container now for
other uses, such as http streaming.

>   -r

There is also
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-walleij-vorbis-mediatype-01.txt
on the media type.

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html