[vorbis-dev] OggMux, a simple ogg file multiplexer

olivier at infolibre.org olivier at infolibre.org
Wed Oct 31 12:06:01 PST 2001

Hello,

I have in the past few days played a bit with libogg. My goal is to learn
enough of it to try wrapping current tarkin codecs into an ogg file, with
vorbis sound eventually.
I did work on a small program which allows you to easyly (de)multiplex
Ogg files in a way which seems to conform to the docs. You can do things
like:

oggmux in1.ogg in2.ogg in3.ogg - mux3.ogg
oggmux mux3.ogg - /dev/null out1.ogg /dev/null
ogg123 out1.ogg

and hear sound that was in in2.ogg .

However i didn't found any player which would accept a multiplexed file,
maybe the bug is in my code ..
I'll investigate this trying to patch decoder_example.c to support mux files.

You can find the code and README at
http://code.infolibre.org/oggmux/archive/oggmux-0.1.0.tar.gz .

btw, my name is Olivier Barbut, live in Paris, france, I'm 21 and I do
follow this list since about a year and tarkin-dev too, pleased to meet you ;)

--
Olivier Barbut
SCOP InfoLibre