[vorbis-dev] Re: vorbis won't compile as a Framework

Elifarley C.Coelho elifarley at task.com.br
Sun Oct 28 06:50:58 PST 2001

From: Michael Smith (msmith at labyrinth.net.au)
Date: Sat 27 Oct 2001 - 20:08:51 PDT

compile as a Framework"
as a Framework"

> If all the errors are (like the ones you've given here) in psytune.c,
> then just don't compile that file. There are several files in there
> (psytune.c, misc.c, maybe another) which aren't part of a normal build,
> they're extra debugging or tuning tools which often suffer bitrot and
> shouldn't be built.
>
> The canonical list of files which SHOULD be compiled is given in
> lib/Makefile.am (plus various extras in the modes directory, depending
> on what you're building
>
> Michael

After disabling psytune.c, the following errors occur:

BuildPhase vorbis.framework
Completed phase <DeriveAndCompileSources> for vorbis.framework
MasterObjectFile.Combine /Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/master.o
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _IIR_clear
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/envelope.o
definition of _IIR_clear in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/iir.o definition
of _IIR_clear in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _IIR_filter
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/envelope.o
definition of _IIR_filter in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/iir.o definition
of _IIR_filter in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _IIR_filter_Band
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/envelope.o
definition of _IIR_filter_Band in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/iir.o definition
of _IIR_filter_Band in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _IIR_init
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/envelope.o
definition of _IIR_init in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/iir.o definition
of _IIR_init in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _IIR_reset
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/envelope.o
definition of _IIR_reset in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/iir.o definition
of _IIR_reset in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _main
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/barkmel.o
definition of _main in section (__TEXT,__text)
/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/ppc/tone.o definition
of _main in section (__TEXT,__text)

     /usr/bin/cc  -arch ppc  -keep_private_externs   -nostdlib -filelist
"/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/Objects/LinkFileListPrelink"
-r -o "/Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/master.o"

...failed MasterObjectFile.Combine /Volumes/User 1 GB/ecc/Projects/MacOS
X/vorbis/build/intermediates/vorbis.build/master.o ...

I don't have a clue as to how to fix them. Can anyone help me ?

Elifarley C. Coelho
http://www.geocities.com/elifarley/